We’re in the thick of winter now and what a great time of year to bring your loved ones together for a delicious meal! We’ve curated a fabulous collection of starters guaranteed to spice up your next gathering, in the best possible ways! The most essential ingredient is our famous Banhoek Chilli Oil.
Firstly, we selected the Chilli Cucumber Snack by Feisty Frugal Fabulous. This is quick to prepare and absolutely delicious.
- 1 long English Cucumber
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Banhoek Chilli Oil (or to taste)
- Wash, peel and slice your cucumber.
- In a bowl, add the chopped cucumber and all the ingredients.
- Mix well before serving.
Next up, we have the Chilli Cheese Snack by Taste of Home.
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces chopped green chilies
- 2 ounces chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Banhoek Chilli Oil
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese then add cheddar cheese, chilies, olives, onions and Banhoek Chilli Oil.
- Next separate each tube of crescent dough into four rectangles; press perforations to seal.
- Then, spread cheese mixture over dough. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Lastly, cut each roll into 10 slices; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Up next we have Nachos by Ragu, because who doesn’t love the timeless Mexican classic? If you’re vegetarian, simply leave out the ground beef.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion (medium, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Banhoek Chilli Oil
- 19 ounces red kidney beans (1 can, rinsed and drained)
- 1 jar ragu pasta sauce
- 8 ounces chip plain tortilla
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- First, add ground beef with onion and Banhoek Chilli Oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until brown.
- Second, add beans and Pasta Sauce to the mix and stir until occasionally for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Spoon the mixture over tortilla chips, then top with cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 10-20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and crispy.
For our final recipe, check out these delicious Sheet Pan Sliders by Morgan.
Ingredients for the burger:
- 36 ounces lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Banhoek Chilli Oil
- 4 ounces grated onion
- Cheddar Cheese (Sliced)
- Strips uncooked bacon
- First, take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Second, take equal sized portions and form patties
- Lastly, cook on a headed griddle, drizzling oil if needed, till both sides are golden brown.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 2 ounces mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Banhoek Chilli oil (or to taste)
Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Slider buns
- 3–4 large leaves of green lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, sliced thin
- Chips, optional
We hope you enjoy! If you’ve perfected any recipes using Banhoek Chilli Oil – please let us know in the comments.